Welcome new and old testers, so far I've looked through the new content and some of the old content and I must say a majority of it has had good improvement. I'm still unsure about farming (having to actively check back for the next 20 minutes sounds like a drag) but I'll see how that is once I've gone through my first crops.
hunting seems pretty solid, fishing having all its areas is going to be great, mining is mining, etc. Im definitely still missing any information on what goes on in a battle in terms of just a “X attacked Y” or what the status effects mean but there's enough time to work out those little issues.
LW still displays a bit too large at 100% zoom though and unfortunately at 90% zoom seems to cause things to look very crunchy in the campaign area :(
After having a few days hopping in and out due to being busy with my thesis, I can finally update my main post with my thoughts after playing for a few days. And… I must agree with a lot of the negative sentiments shared in this thread.
I noticed a lack of updates on some core things that this website needs. Most people have already stated the issues with the game so I won't be repeating myself… But I am severely disappointed in the lack of updates to the forum system, which is probably one of the most important systems to maintain and make ENJOYABLE to use.
Several issues are present with the forums:
- Too much wasted space. Why is the recent topics box and search bar taking up such a large column of space when you're viewing a thread. There's no point, keep that on the main forum page or even on the front page of the site.
- There should be a few pixels more of padding to keep the text away from the edges of a post. Right now posts feel a bit claustrophobic with how much everything is pushed together. Not a huge problem, but would improve user experience. Likely can be improved as well if posts get the full page width by removing the recent topics box from a full thread.
- Why is there still no reply button on every page. We still have to go to the last page to reply, this is just annoying. On top of that, having to specifically click the reply button to start writing a post feels counter-intuitive. Just have a rich text box reply area at the bottom of the page so someone can immediately start writing from the get go.
- On light mode, category names are the same color as category description. Differentiating this with even a slight color tint could do wonders for making it easier to read.
- More of a pet-peeve, but Im not a fan of the way categories are separated. I suggest the following structure for categories:
- This would contain news, patch notes, guides, Bug reports, Suggestions, QA. Stuff ONLY for official site things or gameplay questions.
- Lorwolf General
- Introductions, Lorwolf discussion, Pack private forum, Roleplay (its description text specifies Loria, so this suggests that the rp board is for lorwolf-related RP.)
- General discussion, Art share, Writing share, Roleplay (if its desc text gets changed to not mention Loria)
- All sales/giveaways can go here, but I'd put it below the main discussion threads to bring focus towards chat-related topics and grow the community activity.
- Use icons to separate forum categories, it'd just look nicer in general.
- Main forums also have a lot of wasted space. Frankly I think we could have the forums be structured in columns of categories, and have the recent thread activity be floating off the side next to the main page body. Same goes for the search. Or put it at the very top, Or include it in the columns. Idk. Just stop having so much empty space!
- STILL NO FORUM POST NOTIFICATIONS PLEASE…
Other random issues I have
- Arena still takes WAAAAY too long to play, and is still noticeably buggy. (next round timers ending at random, having to wait two straight minutes to start a game that becomes 90% bots anyway is annoying.
- Farming has been improved with crops not dying anymore, that's great, but why do i have to wait 10 seconds to till a plot? This isn't a mobile game. This random wait-time is pointless and annoying and does not make me want to actively go back to farming. Having to click and collect compost and water instead of it just auto-refueling itself is also… annoying. I can accept occasionally having to dip into the farm to give it some water and compost but the gathering of the water and compost should be able to just fill up on its own.
- I have not even bothered with hunting due to the requirements it has that are very unfriendly to earlygame. Adding some early-game friendly hunts would be nice.
- having to breed and THEN move to a nest is annoying. It'd be nice if I could select to auto-move to nest for a breeding, since I get that some people might want to control when their pups are born, but as someone who doesn't always care about it and would like to be able to put on a nest and leave for two days and come back to a ready nest it's annoying to have to consciously go back. Especially as you HAVE to be on the wolf's page to do this, and can't do it from the den or from the nest page. (A “Bring pregnant wolves to nest” button would be nice.)