Attention: EA Patch Notes 0.3.3 Thanks for playing early access! All data except username and account id will be wiped, premium shop purchases will be refunded as credit to your account, and redeemed codes will be re-usable once Lorwolf officially launches. Cross-site trading is prohibited during early access.
1 month ago
Where my witches at???

I am a Solitary Eclectic Witch. I practice divination and have been for about 7ish years now. I am currently in a living situation where I can not practice my craft as openly as I used to, however, I am planning on still doing small things here and there.

Interested in witchcraft? Feel free to ask question!

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

Heyo! I'm a witch in training, so definitely not as experienced as you apparently are 🤩 I don't even know where I'd begin with questions though smxhejjcrn

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

@PlatonicPluto

What are you currently working on learning? Do you have a topic in mind?

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

@Rowan

Currently a little bit of everything since I too am very limited in what I can practice (and I mean VERY limited unfortunately), but I'd be very curious to look into some water/green witchcraft! I've also been trying to get familiar with tarot cards from the Major Arcana deck, but I've not been able to practice divination or of the like (yet!)

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

@PlatonicPluto

Green witchcraft is always so fun. I haven't been able to have a garden like I want (living in apartments left me with no space) but my fiance and I are looking for a house. We want to get one where I can have a large garden. I plan on filling it with herbs and the like so that I can practice not only green witchcraft but also kitchen witchery.

As for Tarot, I know a few good apps for learning the cards, well some apps for witchcraft in general if you are interested. Most of them I use myself. You can also use a regular deck of playing cards for divination as each one corresponds with a card in the Minor Arcana. If you need to keep it a secret that is.

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

@Rowan

Ooh cool! And I would be very interested in hearing those apps, that and the regular deck corresponding sounds so handy.

I did also managed to think of a couple more questions, if you don't mind answering some/any lol:

Do you worship any deities? If so, how and why? (ie. I have a little bottle of cinnamon for Loki, but I wanna find out more ways to give offerings, and idk if this can be done without throwing away consumables?)

Do you have any advice/tips on tarot cards, divination, or any practice, and what all that might entail?

Are you familiar with sigils? I did also see mention of runes in your divination shop, and was wondering what 2 cents you might have on learning either/both.

Do you have a familiar? How did/do you know when you['ve] encountered it?

What are some rituals/wards/spells for magick, or at least a learning source for some? Are you familiar with or recommend any? How do you recharge these items’ magicks?

What would you say is your favourite tarot card/deck and why?

Any other learning sources to recommend? ie. Books/apps?

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

@PlatonicPluto

Apps I use:

Astromatrix - Horoscope
Moonly - Phases of the moon
MyRemedy - herbs and what they are good for medically wise (ie aches and pains, fevers, etc.)
Crystalyze - Identify crystals and their properties
Golden Thread Tarot - Lessons, readings, and meanings for tarot cards
Labyrinthos Tarot - Free online tarot school has Lenormand as well
Seventh Sphere Lenormand and Tarot - another app for learning the cards but this one focuses on Lenormand
Luminous Spirit Tarot - Moon phase work and tarot app
Runic Formulas: Runes, Amulets - Learn about the Eldar Futhark and bind runes, you can also translate to the runic alphabet
A guide to Crystals - 400 plus crystals and information about them
Astrology Master - make astrological calculations
Spells8 - resources for witches

Headspace: meditation

Magic Herbs: Herbs

Holistic Living: Great for kitchen witchery

Llewellyn's New World: Spells and sources and the like.

Apps I have heard of but do not use:

Witch School by Hekate's Finishing School - It is supposed to be a (paid) school where you can learn about witchcraft.
Awoken - lucid dreaming journal/tool
Stone - iPhone only, crystals and their magical properties
Wicca Herbalism - Herbalism app

• Do you worship any deities? If so, how and why? (ie. I have a little bottle of cinnamon for Loki, but I wanna find out more ways to give offerings, and idk if this can be done without throwing away consumables?)
    • At the moment I do not, though I have done a Tarot speed about working with a deity (as I felt like one was calling to me) and it seems as though Pluto (Ironic considering your name lol) has been calling out to me. I have been working on some research about him and I plan on giving some offerings and the like here soon. Small things that I will be able to do here where I am living. Depending on how it goes I want to make him an altar when I get a house.

• Do you have any advice on tarot cards/divination, and what all that might entail?
    • I find personally it is best to purchase them in person, they call out better and you are able to hold the boxes and feel if there is a connection there. Make sure when you get them you cleanse them and after any difficult readings, I like to cleanse their energies again. I keep a journal of my readings so that I am able to look back on them. I also recommend taking a card and writing what you think it means without the book nearby (doing this after you practice with the book a few times of course). This really helped me to learn the meanings. And don't be ashamed if the meanings don't all stick, every so often I get stumped myself and need to verify that I am on the right track. Divination, in general, has always called to me as I occasionally have prophetic dreams, I have found that Tarot, Oracle, Lenormand, etc are great tools to help me concentrate. Any form of divination has its own learning curve for sure. Experiment with different forms and different ways to use each one. No one reads the exact same way and it is good to try out new styles. Oracle decks usually are smaller than Tarot and they read a bit differently as there is no Major or Minor Arcana. Lenormand has 36 cards and they usually are read in groupings relying off of each other to be interpreted. Runes (there are a few different types the most common being the Eldar Futhark) are read I would say most similarly to Oracle cards in the way they too don't have Major or Minor Arcana but they do not need more than one in order to be read, you can read singles. I also read Charms, which may be one of the easier divination sets to have when you are ‘in the closet" as you can pass it off as just a collection of odds and ends. Charm casting is a form of divination during which charms, small baubles, and trinkets are gently tossed, sometimes across a special chart created to depict different aspects of life. The charms used can be virtually any small objects that are able to be gently tossed. Buttons, beads, coins, small crystals, river rocks, rings, bottle caps, necklace pendants, and acorns can all be used to cast charms. After all, the objects themselves aren't inherently magical; the magic is in the intent and symbolism you personally give each trinket. You read them by how they fall with one another.

• Are you familiar with sigils? I did also see mention of runes in your divination shop, and was wondering what 2 cents you might have on learning either/both.
    • I left a bit out about runes in my above paragraph so I could answer more here. Runes are best inscribed on natural elements I have found; wood, rock, bone, etc. I read the Eldar Futhark and Witches Runes. Witches runes have 13 symbols whereas the Eldar Futhark has 26. I would place learning runes to be a tad more difficult than Tarot, at least for me they were that is. I found a good book on reading them actually, Runes for Beginners by Lisa Chamberlin. As for sigils, I love them! They are a fantastic tool and honestly great for low-energy witchcraft as well s being easy to hide. I like to put one in my boot for work, to be honest. I also have one I place on my Grimoire. You can make them out of Runes as well, called Bindrunes. There are many ways to make them, my favorite is with a sigil wheel. That is a link to one. If you want I can walk you through how to make one using it. You can place sigils anywhere really, they are very versatile, one of the reasons why I like them so much.

• Do you have a familiar? How did/do you know when you['ve] encountered it?
    • No, though my cat believes he is. So maybe he is? To be honest I don't have any real call to having a familiar, at least not yet. So I haven't looked to much into them.

• What are some rituals/wards/spells for magick, or at least a learning source for some? Are you familiar with or recommend any? How do you recharge these items’ magicks?
    • I use protection magic quite frequently in combination with wards. Protection magic is the first type of magic I learned and would recommend you learn. A few good resources are: Youtubers - The Witch of Wonderlust, Chaotic Witch Aunt, HearthWitch, The Green Witch (focuses on green witchcraft which I know you said about wanting to work with), and Warrior Witch Nike. Books I will post in another post because I have read many and want to give you a proper look at what I felt was best about them. Spotify Podcasts: Season of the Witch, A Pinch of Magick, Magick & Alchemy, Magnolias and Magic,, Rune Soup. I recharge my protections weekly. As for my other magic, I recharge my Money bowl monthly (1st of the month every month). I do weekly ritual cleansing showers/baths for myself. I also do some candle magic throughout the week for small things. Simmer posts are one of my favorite ways to do magic as well. Here are some recipes for simmer pots that I like to use. That blog is a good one in general. Flying the Hedge is another good blog as well. To actually do the recharge, it depends. Sigils I just hold and do a visualization technique of picture the magic getting stronger as my intent and energy go into it. Money bowl I tear down and redo. Protections I go through the spells again.

• What would you say is your favorite tarot card/deck and why?
    • Deck wise my favorite is my Earthfleash and Bonestone deck. I have connected to that deck so easily and so completely. It is my Shadow Work deck and I feel the conversation flows like that of an old friend with it. As for card…. The Fool. The Fool is about new experiences and journeys, something that I just enjoy.

I hope I answered these well, and if not let me know. I will have your post about the books done here in a bit, I am making some Honey bread at the moment.

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

@Rowan This was perfect! Thank you so much for the responses thus far, and so thoroughly too! :D Definitely gonna save these with my craft notes

Hope the honey bread turns out well too!

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

Honey bread doe not want to rise…. I think it may be too cold in here…..

@PlatonicPluto

Anyway! Books! I have a good number though I have yet to read them all. I do not have fully fleshed reviews about every book I have read (I am actually working on that) but the ones I do have I will add in so you get my full thoughts on the books.

Just know that just because I found these to be helpful, doesn't mean you will as our practices will be different.

Morbid Magic: Death Spirituality and Culture from Around the World by Tomás Prower, is a very good book if you are interested in this particular brand of magic. His other book La Santa Muerte: Unearthing the Magic & Mysticism of Death is another good one about that particular topic.

Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions by Dorothy Morrison. A lot of people enjoyed this book so I feel obligated to let you know about it, here is my review on it, again I list it because even though I did not find much good from it you may and I do not like to keep the possibility of knowledge from people.

• I bought this book as a way to learn about darker magic as my practice is leaning towards the grey area. I had read a few reviews about it and believed it would be a decent start. The writing style is not a personal favorite, far too much anecdotal talk for me, though it is easy to understand. The book was going pretty well until we got into the appropriation points. She talks about using hoodoo and voodoo and worshiping deities from closed practices. Even going so far as having an entire section on Hoodoo and not once mentioning that it is a closed practice. She also states that she is a 'true child of the south' and her ancestors were confederates, so why would she use pieces of a closed practice that the slaves of her ancestors used? She also mentions dream catchers and making them, something that is part of Native American culture and, again, is closed. It could have been a great book, Dorothy kept out the appropriation. Some of the spells are interesting and do seem like something I could use. Truly the number of good reviews on this book is astounding considering all that is wrong with it.

The Old Magic of Christmas: Yuletide Traditions for the Darkest Days of the Year by Linda Raedisch. I loved this book, I am actually going through and doing a reread of it this month. It is jam-packed with information about this time of year.

Encyclopedia of Spirits by Judika Illes. This is not all-inclusive but it is a very good book with information on different spirits and beings with correspondences and the like. I use it pretty frequently for cross-referencing. Her Encylapidea of Witchcraft is good too. Again not all inclusive but a very good start and a great reference book for many topics of witchcraft.

The Great Wheel: Winter by Jo Graham is another reread I am doing this month. It too is good for information about this time of year. She also has a book The Great Wheel that I have yet to buy but have heard good things about.

Most witches will tell you the same thing, most of Scott Cunnigham's books are good places to start as well.

The Magick of Food: Rituals, Offerings & Why We Eat Together by Gwion Raven. One of my favorites as I love kitchen witchery. Has a lot of good recipes in it as well as general information on kitchen witchery and how we can use it.

Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card as well as her Tarot for Yourself are good workbooks too. I am actually working through those currently. There is a lot of information in them.

If you plan on practicing the Sabbats, Llywellyn's Sabbat Essentials series is good for information n the Sabbats and ideas on how to celebrate them.

Arin Murphy Hiscock's The House Witch, The Green Witch, and The Witch's Book of Self-care are all pretty good. They are not my favorites but they hold some good information on the topics they are titled about. They also have some rituals and spell you can try.

Year of the Witch by Temperance Alden is a good one. I give it 4/5. My review is below.

• Going into my practice I was always informed about the 8 Wiccan Sabbats and that most everyone observed them. Not that I really knew if everyone did, but it was a widespread piece of information that, when you are first entering into the craft, you believe. Temperance Alden did a wonderful job of changing my mind about the Sabbats in the best way. She helped me to realize that I don’t actually need to practice the Sabbats if I don’t find myself attached to them. Not only does The Year of the Witch address that you do not need to celebrate only the Wiccan Sabbats, but it gives you insight into how to adapt the Wheel of the Year to your practice and make it work for you. There are my positives, there are a few negatives that I need to give as well. Yes, she helped me realize that I did not need to only practice the 8 Wiccan Sabbats, however, I am sure that other books say the same thing. The way it is written was a bit confusing for me. There is a lot of information but at the same time, everything is glossed over. Now that could be put down to just wanting to give an overview of different topics that can help one to form their own Wheel of the Year, but in some places, there was just not enough information to make it make sense. Following my point above nearly half of the book, 40% is about the 8 Wiccan Sabbats. I went into this book thinking that it was supposed to take us away from those Sabbats and the ways we can make our own Wheel. While it did this, it seems a bit redundant to make nearly half the book about the Sabbats themselves. Now I understand that she does celebrate 6/8 of the Sabbats herself, however, she states at the beginning of the book, “My goal with this book is to give you what you’ll need to create your own personalized wheel of the year. In the following pages, we will explore the basic concepts of intuitively guided witchcraft, its role in the wheel of the year, the traditional wheel of the year, climate change, and more.” Yes, she states that she will be discussing the Wiccan Wheel, however, I see no point in dedicating such a large chunk of her book to correspondences and history lessons about the 8 Sabbats that we can find elsewhere. The other information given is in such short bursts that it is hard to gather any information from them. There are a few points that she addresses that are longer and do delve deeper but they are few far and few in between and do not reach the depth of time that she put into the 8 Wiccan Sabbats.

Llewellyn's Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive & Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans by Sandra Kynes. Buy it. Just get it. This has helped me so many times it is not even funny. Honestly, this is the one book in my collection that I wish everyone would buy. It is so useful.

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

Oh hello!

I used to practice and believe with more intensity in specific deities many years back, but have a bunch of leftover knowledge, books, and tools. I stopped due to personal issues with the belief behind the actions Lately though, I have been reflecting on the tangible results of not practicing some form of spirituality in my life, and I’ve been starting to think it’s necessary for me. In the same way that “affirmations” and “actively setting intentions” are touted as very helpful for mental health, it then seems to be identical to the act of magik. So, with that in mind, I would like to get back into it, to help align my headspace and get the feeling that comes with it, even though I personally don’t feel connection with any deities, I do feel a reverence for the universe and the gift of existence in general.

I think it’s important to mark the seasons, and as I’ve gotten very into plantkeeping over the last couple years, that is something I want to focus on! I need a better drying rack for the herbs I grow ahaha. I’ve also for a large collection of stones and crystals, and I’d like to use those more. I used to call myself a solitary eclectic witch as well, with a focus on earth / green magik.

Divination is something I have always been curious about, but it sounds overwhelming to learn! Thanks as well for all those links shared, I didn’t realize how many resources there were out there. And apps!!! We are in the future, ahaha.

Have any of you done things for the solstices and season transitions recently? I’ve been trying to get ideas on how I can make more of a holiday out of it.

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

@Rowan Ooh interesting reads! And yet again so thorough haha, thank you! ^^ Like Draco said, we are indeed in the future lol, but I'm glad it makes being able to share knowledge/experiences like this easier, especially when one's upbringing is… unfortunately lacking. But with witchcraft in general, I personally feel learning about/practicing it not only reminds us that there's other perspectives of the world around us, but also a magick in maintaining the wellbeing of the world and ourselves-- especially mental health, as that was an aspect my family's beliefs never taught me

Also RIP the honey bread dough XD

And also @Dracowolfie ‘s question: I unfortunately have not been able to myself, but that’d be a good idea to learn about and practice as well! For the moment though I'm just tryna survive college lol

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 2
Trees