Attention: EA Patch Notes 0.3.3 Thanks for playing early access! All data except username and account id will be wiped, premium shop purchases will be refunded as credit to your account, and redeemed codes will be re-usable once Lorwolf officially launches. Cross-site trading is prohibited during early access.
1 month ago
Combat Party Critique and Theorycrafting Thread

This is a thread for sharing and critiquing combat parties!

My goal is to create a resource where players can get inspiration on how to make a team that works for them while being able to defeat challenging threats, as well as to provide a space for friendly critique, teaching, tip-sharing, and speculation!

Resources

These guides from the forums can help you understand Lorwolf's battle system, but feel free to ask questions in this thread if you're still stuck!

Synergies Guide: https://www.lorwolf.com/Forum/View?id=3

Gauntlet Guide: https://www.lorwolf.com/Forum/View?id=11

Abilities Guide: https://www.lorwolf.com/Forum/View?id=1533

Abilities and Synergies Chart: https://www.lorwolf.com/Forum/View?id=1534

How to Use This Thread

Anyone may post here! I encourage you to share your thoughts about teams that others have shared for theorycrafting or critique, and also to ask questions about building a strong party. Please keep the tone of critiques friendly; We are all here to learn!

If you would like to share a party, either for critiquing or for theorycrafting, please feel free to use the format below. This format is a suggestion, not a rule.

Front Liners: Unit Name, Unit Name

Back Liners: Unit Name, Unit Name, Unit Name

Synergy Abilities: Synergy Ability (Level x), Synergy Ability (Level x)

Purpose of the Party: Gauntlet, general Campaign farming, etc.

Example

I’ll open my current Gauntlet team up for critique!

Front Liners: Lighthorn Bovius, Molten Arturas

Back Liners: Bracchus, Zerda, Jocol

Synergy Abilities: Assailant (Level 1), Protector (Level 1), Healer (Level 1), Tactician (Level 1)

Purpose of the Party: Gauntlet!

I’d also like to provide a prompt to start a theorybuilding discussion in this thread: If a player’s 2 starting wolves are 1 Jocol and 1 Lupin, how would you suggest the player finish their party? For the sake of example, let’s say this is a first-time player looking to finish the Campaign.

Let’s discuss!

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

Has anyone figured out a party that can defeat a Simbur? I've been trying a party focused on damage over time to counteract its healing:

Front Liners: Basidio, Basidio

Back Liners: Lupin, Lupin, Kit

Synergy Abilities: Assailant (Level 1), Protector (Level 2), Tactician (Level 1)

Purpose of the Party: Farming the Black Hills

But even with what seems to be the max stackable amount of poison AND bleed the Simbur will reach a point where it's doing 200 points worth of healing every turn and then I'm unable to deal damage faster than it can heal. My ideas for what to try next are to invest in more expensive familiars to get a poison synergy, or to focus on raw damage to take it down before it can stack so many heals, but I'm still not sure I can deal more than 200 points of damage in a single turn, especially since most of my wolves aren't damage-based.

Does anyone have a party configuration that can reliably beat one?

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

@Leda hey there! so, first things first: healing is currently bugged. healing effects do not disappear ever (though neither do poison effects), meaning healing can essentially stack infinitely. in other words, you have to defeat the simbur before it gets a few stacks of healing, or you have to burst it down with enough damage to kill it in 1 turn. this makes defeating a simbur VERY hard at the moment. that being said, i'm going to take a stab at getting a kill on one. i'll ping you again if i have any successful results!

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

@superbearwars

I made a team builder Google Sheet that is designed to help players build their teams, regardless if they own the wolf breed or companion, or if the companion is attached to any particular wolf. I think this should help out with theory-crafting teams for Gauntlet, Campaign, and even Arena.

The link to the thread I posted it in is here

And the link to the Team Builder itself is here

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

@Delotha Wow, thanks for sharing this! It would be great if the effects of each ability and synergy were displayed in the spreadsheet, but that’s a lot of work, so don’t consider that a criticism hahaha! The spreadsheet is already very useful.

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

I've been pretty consistently able to kill the Simbur with the following.

Front Liners: Jocol, Emperor Canictonis

Back Liners: None

Synergy Abilities: Poison (Lvl 1)

Purpose of the Party: Campaign: Black Hills (and just in general)

I would imagine most wolf breeds would work too, at least the ones with decent sustain (zerda, maybe bracchus, maybe kit). Both my jocol and my canictonis are lvl 10. If I had to guess, Basidio may not work because its special is supposed to remove poison?

Quote (Coming Soon)
1 month ago

@Raintalon
I'm going to have to get one! I grind in that area all the time, so it'll be super useful to have a companion that'll help me defeat the Simbur instead of wasting that 5 stamina. The Canictonis are all about poison - their triple Primal means they have that level 1 Primal Synergy that gives a DOT poison effect, plus all of their abilities deal additional poison effects and those will stack. Simbur being the only enemy means they will just get stacks and stacks of poison. EDIT: I was lucky enough to nab a Canictonis from the Mole Market, and even at level 1, you can defeat the Simbur with it and another Bracchus.

@superbearwars
I was going to have the dropdown menu also display the ability effects of each model selected, but it made the table unwieldy even on a desktop. It would have been even more difficult for mobile players (which my wife often is). I could unhide the reference tabs (one of which displays all levels of synergies anyway) and add in the ability effects to the other tab as separate columns from the abilities themselves. It would mean having to switch between the tabs.

Quote (Coming Soon)
Trees