Attention: Mining Mayhem has begun!
2 months ago
Gaia
The Legion
Alone together
463
463 Achievements
Forum Rank 4
Forum Threads: 75
Forum Comments: 926
General Rank 5
Starter Rank 1
Arena Rank 5
Campaign Rank 5
Gauntlet Rank 4
Cooking Rank 5
Crafting Rank 5
Farming Rank 5
Fishing Rank 4
Hunting Rank 3
Mining Rank 5
[Guild] Adjustment to boss battles

I absolutely love the boss battles, but I'd like to see a few adjustments made to it.

1. No 'once a day' limit

I'm struggling to understand the purpose of the once-per-day limit.Unlike most activities, boss battles already require a significant investment; they consume an entire stamina bar. And defeating even a level 1 boss takes many attempts.

To have a once-per-day limit on top of that, which is also nothing more than a single click, makes it both frustrating and frankly quite boring. Especially with a new feature like this, having it locked away for a single, once every 24 hours, click, feels like a missed opportunity and makes it into one of the mandatory 'daily clicks' rather than an engaging activity.

It also seems like a missed opportunity as a resource/stamina sink. Many established players accumulate large food reserves over time and boss battles are one of the few activities that can consume a large amount without immediately replacing them with new food loot. Allowing additional attempts would give players another meaningful way to invest their food while still requiring a significant resource commitment.

I'm not suggesting boss battles should be unlimited or free. Every additional attempt would and should still cost another full stamina bar. I just don't think the once-per-day restriction adds much to the feature and only takes away from it. It mainly limits how much players can enjoy a mechanic that otherwise has the potential to be a fun long-term goal and much-needed resource sink.


2. No '20 rounds' limit

On the first day I battled the boss with my usual gauntlet team. Within two rounds my first teammate was KOd and and by round 6 or 7 all of them were done. They hit hard though, and did about 9% of damage. The second day, I figured I'd go with a longer lasting team. They damage per round was less, but they were still full health by round 20 and their energy bars will consistently full too. And then the battle stopped. And they did less than 3% damage. And that was honestly frustratingly disappointing.

I don't mind not SHOWING all the rounds, but cutting off at 20 rounds, even though my team was full health and winning, feels wrong. I also understand wanting to avoid getting stuck in an endless loop (which with automated battling and some team compositions can happen), 20 is way too low of a cutoff point.

Perhaps show 20 rounds, but actually calculate, I don't know, 500. It makes no sense that my team on which the enemy hardly got any lasting damage somehow 'lost' and only got 3% of damage in. They could've gone on forever. They could've beaten the guy.
(This is related to a bigger issue, cause this also happens in the gauntlet, arena and all other places where battles happen, but it is painful here,because you are not meant to defeat them in a single battle, but can't even get the actual damage in because it cuts off so early)


3. No '20 vouchers per week' limit
This limit feels very arbitrary. You can't fight more than once a day. And if you do fight once every day, you would already go over the 20 voucher limit, because you get 3 vouchers per attempt. (3x7 = 21) I can only imagine (because with 3% damage a day it'll take me a year before I take down that first boss) that actually defeating a boss yields more vouchers or perhaps higher bosses yield more vouchers too. So that way it is not even interesting to battle every day, because you wouldn't get any vouchers for it.
What is the use of limiting both the amount of times we can battle AND the rewards we can reap from it. Even more so, when the limits for both are so low.
If we want to put in the effort, the stamina and the time to battle bosses, why shouldn't we earn the tickets that are rewarded?
To be fair, I did just above suggest to also get rid of the once per day limit, but even with that implemented, I think the 20 vouchers per week limit should also be removed. Make it 20 a day if you must have a limit. But a limit that is lower than what accumulates to once a day feels very very restricting.



At the moment, those are my main 3 gripes, but as I continue to explore and experience, I might add to or adjust this a little.

Report
2 months ago
Reave
The Tenacious
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
377
377 Achievements
Forum Rank 3
Forum Threads: 15
Forum Comments: 580
General Rank 5
Starter Rank 1
Arena Rank 4
Campaign Rank 5
Gauntlet Rank 1
Cooking Rank 4
Crafting Rank 4
Farming Rank 3
Fishing Rank 3
Hunting Rank 3
Mining Rank 5
Good suggestions! I agree especially with the boss limit needing adjusting/removal and the need to allow battles to last more than 20 turns now-- especially as it's so easy and now officially site-supported (via settings) that we can skip combat animations. The risk of being stuck in infinite combat isn't as much of a risk, and there could still be a much higher limit (100? 200?) for the sake of the backend calculations still having a stopping point so it doesn't get itself stuck in a loop.

I'd like to see that limit removed or upped significantly for all combat honestly, but especially here and the gauntlet. :P
Report
Quote

"Once again I have to bear the burden of having every correct opinion in the world."

2 months ago
Renoisie
The Furry
Chaos Harbinger hehe
369
369 Achievements
Forum Rank 4
Forum Threads: 19
Forum Comments: 1094
General Rank 5
Starter Rank 1
Arena Rank 5
Campaign Rank 4
Gauntlet Rank 3
Cooking Rank 4
Crafting Rank 3
Farming Rank 3
Fishing Rank 3
Hunting Rank 4
Mining Rank 2
totes agree with the 20 turns thing, especially since a single person could beat a folium boss alone, and it just makes no sense to make said person wait a full 24 hours to get a chance to beat it up again when in one battle it could be easily downed (they don't attack. their auto generates double energy, their passive waits and generates energy, their special makes it so only their team of one gets to attack next turn) and I would very much like to be able to beat up each boss at least once per life-cycle, especially since our guild is so big we usually have many people reactivating bosses
Report
Quote
Unsubscribe from Post
Subscribe to Thread
Recent
Subscribed
My posts
Recent Activity
1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Subscribed
You are not subscribed to any threads.
My Threads
You do not have any threads.
Trees
Music
Shuffle
Theme
Enable to have Music selection based site activities.
Repeat
Enable to repeat the current song.
Volume
Dismiss
Not interested in music? Permanently dismiss this music player.
Afternoon Stroll
Bathing on an Arturas
Boil 'em, Mash 'em
Canictonis Crossing
Dreaming About You
Embarking
Fields of Loria
First Snow
Follow the Leader
Good Morning, Challengers
Haunted Cave
Head in the Clouds
Into the Deep
Keep Going
Lone Wolf
Lost Music Box
Moonsblessings
Mosey Through the Forums
Nothing but Time
Play Date With Nana
Queueing Up
Sanity Check
Silly Walk
Sleepy Wolves
Sploosh
Sunken Melody
The Mighty Remain
Through Goldsea
Trailing Behind
What to Buy?