Better wolf sorting in general would be awesome, almost all the menus for selecting wolves for sale/stud, or to use specialty items on them, etc, are still just as poorly laid out as they have been since the first beta.
Ironically, selecting wolves for messages is far easier than the above, because that's one of the few places they exist listed alphanumerically, so the adding numbers thing to the name works at all.
Even bringing the others in line with how messaging works right now would be an improvement to the site overall-- that isn't to say that doesn't also need improvement, because it certainly does! We could have much better interaction with the site as a whole if we just had more search bars available bare minimum. :|
I'm genuinely kind of surprised that something really basic like this has fallen to the wayside for SO long? It's such a massive part of interacting with the site for every single user, I know I've had friends quit the site just because it was so annoying for them to do anything with their wolves once they had a single full den, nevermind 2.