Attention: Mining Mayhem has begun!
1 hour ago
Silvershadow
The Boneweaver
They/it/she
280
280 Achievements
Forum Rank 4
Forum Threads: 112
Forum Comments: 1029
General Rank 4
Starter Rank 1
Arena Rank 2
Campaign Rank 3
Cooking Rank 3
Crafting Rank 4
Farming Rank 2
Fishing Rank 2
Hunting Rank 3
Mining Rank 2
More Explore Charges

Explore charges were implemented because apparently there was a bot problem- and yes it's all fine and well that we no longer have to deal with that, but there are new problems now:

People like exploring, playing the game, trying to get wild wolves- people, who never even dreamed of using some sort of autoclicker to do it for them. Maybe they have hours that they'd love to spend hunting down crocodiles in Murkwood, or salt in Goldsea, or they just loved how it felt to click through the campaign for hours on end. It was easy, yet rewarding, and if you got bored you could turn on some music or an audiobook or a movie in the background. You... can't exactly do that anymore.

If you have 75 charges, and you use them all up, you have to wait 37.5 minutes before they're full again. That is over half an hour per 82ish explores (assuming you spend about 2.5 extra minutes waiting for the device to load or whatever), which is... a lot. I don't think anyone wants to wait that long.
I'm not saying explore charges should be removed alltogether, they can definitely help fight illegal bots, but they are a bit obnoxious right now...
Hence my suggestion: If the number of explore charges was even just doubled, or the amount of time it takes to recharge one lowered, that would make campaigning a whole lot more fun and less infuriating for everyone.


If there is a SINGLE WOLF in all of Loria who would say no to more explore charges and has a half decent reason for it, I'll give everyone on this forum a rockbreaker ox

I mean not reallyBut if anyone does want one... I have 31


Thank you!

Report

I want more pineapples

33 minutes ago
Reave
The Tenacious
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
377
377 Achievements
Forum Rank 3
Forum Threads: 15
Forum Comments: 582
General Rank 5
Starter Rank 1
Arena Rank 4
Campaign Rank 5
Gauntlet Rank 1
Cooking Rank 4
Crafting Rank 4
Farming Rank 3
Fishing Rank 3
Hunting Rank 3
Mining Rank 5

Haha, this post makes me feel old. 30 minutes is barely any time to wait for charges to refill, and I've never come close to hitting the limit of explore charges as a real live dude "grinding" the campaign, even during the Holidays. I still end the Holidays with 10k+ more tickets than I had prior to the beginning of it, even after any redundant purchases. When it's not a holiday, I barely dent the explore charges at all during normal gameplay and I'm still sitting on hundreds of KBTs that I don't even care to use.

What do you grind so hard for that you run out of charges before they refill?-- not asking redundantly to be passive aggressive, it would genuinely help JJ understand where the pinch point is if he actually reads this thread. If it's because of some kind of Holiday rush, would expanding bonus charges during the Holidays suffice? Or, I could see speeding up the recovery of explore charges by playing holiday arena rounds, since that would at least encourage/reward players to interact with the site and synergize well with the extra Holiday activities we get cycling between campaign and arena.


I'm not strictly against the idea of expanding charges, but I think speeding up their recovery through something else players can do might be smarter from a game design PoV than just throwing extra charges at the "problem", something that bots can take advantage of easier than a more complex synergized system that rewards you for interacting with multiple parts of the site.

With how easy vibe-coded garbage is to produce nowadays, I'm not of the opinion that any system can realistically thwart botting 100%, so ensuring it's not much more valuable to do compared to just playing the game normally is about the best anyone can do I fear. :S It sucks.

Report
Quote

"Once again I have to bear the burden of having every correct opinion in the world."

19 minutes ago
Silvershadow
The Boneweaver
They/it/she
280
280 Achievements
Forum Rank 4
Forum Threads: 112
Forum Comments: 1029
General Rank 4
Starter Rank 1
Arena Rank 2
Campaign Rank 3
Cooking Rank 3
Crafting Rank 4
Farming Rank 2
Fishing Rank 2
Hunting Rank 3
Mining Rank 2
@Reave
I guess I shouldn't have assumed everyone here agrees with me. That was rather idiotic on my part lol
My main reason for wanting this is that sometimes I have a sudden rush of motivation to grind and grind and grind until I get a ww. Also- I've been trying to get to three stars for Othenia, and I tend to lose my motivation if I have to wait.
Right now though I am desperately attempting to acquire a Kapros and it is taking forever which is due in no small part to me having to wait for explore charges. Though you do bring up a bunch of good points I didn't consider-
Report
Quote

I want more pineapples

Unsubscribe from Post
Subscribe to Thread
Recent
Subscribed
My posts
Recent Activity
1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Subscribed
You are not subscribed to any threads.
My Threads
You do not have any threads.
Trees
Music
Shuffle
Theme
Enable to have Music selection based site activities.
Repeat
Enable to repeat the current song.
Volume
Dismiss
Not interested in music? Permanently dismiss this music player.
Afternoon Stroll
Bathing on an Arturas
Boil 'em, Mash 'em
Canictonis Crossing
Dreaming About You
Embarking
Fields of Loria
First Snow
Follow the Leader
Good Morning, Challengers
Haunted Cave
Head in the Clouds
Into the Deep
Keep Going
Lone Wolf
Lost Music Box
Moonsblessings
Mosey Through the Forums
Nothing but Time
Play Date With Nana
Queueing Up
Sanity Check
Silly Walk
Sleepy Wolves
Sploosh
Sunken Melody
The Mighty Remain
Through Goldsea
Trailing Behind
What to Buy?